Satellite Truck Engineer
- Ability to deploy the antenna and rapidly locate and identify commonly used satellites in North America;
- Operate an antenna controller and read a spectrum analyzer;
- Thoroughly understand the redundant modulators, encoder, and TWTA's.
- Thorough understanding of all on-board equipment including: RF system, AC and DC power systems, intercom system, baseband audio and video gear, router system, telephone system, analog and digital video theory, tape machine and formats.
- Ability to quickly ascertain problems that arise in field production scenarios;
- Ability to rapidly find work-arounds to catastrophic problems;
- Ability to field service failed equipment to keep the truck in satisfactory running condition; when needed assist / coordinate with the repair of gear in the truck.
- Maintain a clean driving record and ensure the security of the vehicle at all times;
- Maintain a DOT logbook;
- Remain up-to-date on DOT rules and regulations as they pertain to driving CDL vehicles;
- Must possess or be able/willing to obtain a Class B CDL.
Schedule, Availability, & Communication:
- Operator availability is based on an on-call, 24 hours/day, and 7 days/week schedule;
- Specific operator time off must be requested in advance and based around current workload to allow scheduling of a replacement;
- Must communicate with the Director of Operations on a daily basis with regard to job assignments and ensure that call times and job details are clearly understood and adhered to.
- Service live- and tape-based crews in breaking news situations, sporting events, corporate event coverage, and the transmission of guests to television networks.
- Care and maintenance of the KU truck to which the operator is assigned;
- Preventative maintenance including engine oil change, upkeep, washing, and overall operation of the vehicle;
- Keep log of all scheduled service.
- This position requires a strong work ethic, self-direction, self-motivation, patience, persistence, and the ability to get along with coworkers and customers;
- Time management and punctuality are non-negotiable requirements;
- Mature judgment to make sound decisions based on objective evidence, customer and company needs, and cost considerations;
- Self-motivated, organized, and resourceful with strong work ethic;
- Able to work independently;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, even under stress;
- Superb customer service skills;
- Ability to train others, and to learn from others.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record;
- Ability to lift/carry 50lbs;
- Ability to climb ladders and perform overhead work;
- Ability to travel, including on short notice and/or for extended periods of time;
- Basic computer skills, google documents knowledge a plus.
If your interest and skills match the needs of the position, please apply through the link provided.